Technical books which I read in particular year – a kind of diary with recommendations.
- Dobre jedzenie i piwo by Janusz Palikot. Very good book about food (vegan + fishes) and beer matches.
- 138 by Kacper Bisanz and Karol Chojnacki. Book about creative marketing.
- 48-godzinna doba. Jak podwoić swoją produktywność? by Maciej Wieczorek. Book about personal productivity and and good personal habits.
- Sztuka równowagi finansowej by Jakub Midel. Book about personal finances for aspiring entrepreneur.
- Nawyki 2.0. Jak zmienić swoje życie bez silnej woli? by Maciej Wieczorek. Book about habits and the way how we may change them.
- The Unicorn Project: A Novel about Developers, Digital Disruption, and Thriving in the Age of Data
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
- Jak zacząć pracę z Kubernetes by Jakub Gutkowski, Łukasz Kałużny, Piotr Stapp. Very good intro how to start with Kubernetes.
- Azure for architectes by Ritesh Modi (Packt, Oct 2017). Good for somebody who never used cloud, basic level, a bit outdated in some areas.
- .NET Microservices: Architecture for Containerized .NET Applications
- Software Architecture Patterns by Mark Richards (O’Reilly, 2015). I’m quite dissatisfied about this book. When I started reading it, I thought that I have in my hands book from 2000-2005. You can safely skip it and find something more valuable with much better description of patterns.
- Design Patterns Simply by Alexandr Shvets. Good, short intro/compendium about design patterns.
- Pro .NET Memory Management For Better Code, Performance, and Scalability by Konrad Kokosa. Great GC bible. I would recomend it to each .NET developer. Only one thing was missing for me – deeper dive into Mono.
- Entity Framework Core Succinctly by Ricardo Peres. Very good and complex book about EF Core.
- Azure and Xamarin Forms. Cross Platform Mobile Development by Russell Fustino. I woudln’t buy this book for the second time. I expected much higher level/complexity described and it’s entry level.
- Application Insights Succinctly. Book about Azure insights. It is not worth your time.
- Xamarin.Forms for macOS Succinctly by Alessandro del Sole. Elementary level. Some outdated informations (focus on PCLs instead of .NET Standard).
- Praktyczna inżynieria wsteczna. Metody, techniki i narzędzia. Great book in Polish related to reverse engineering (low level). It requires a lot of technical knowledge.